1. Coaches and players will project the spirit of the sport on and off the field.
2. No coach, player, or spectator shall:
(a) Make derogatory remarks or gestures to a referee, coach, player, or spectator.
(b) Use profanity.
(c) Incite, in any manner, disruptive behavior.
Any such action can result in ejection from the game site. The CVSC Disciplinary
Committee may take disciplinary action such as suspension of coaching or playing
privileges. Spectators may be banned from attending games or practices. Note: Competitive teams will receive disciplinary action based on the rules of CYSA District 4 or Nor Cal Playing League.
The CYSA District IV disciplinary committee also oversees the Recreational U16 through U19 program. CVSC
reserves the right to levy additional action(s), based on the severity of the action by a
3. No person is to enter the field of play at any time without the permission of the referee.
This includes a parent of an injured player.
4. Bench areas shall be on opposite sides of the field with the home team having choice of
sides if they have arrived 15 minutes before the game time.
5. All “coaching” (giving direction or instruction to one’s own team on points of strategy and
position) shall be done from one’s own sideline within the “technical area”, (This includes
parents, guests, etc.)
6. The use, possession and/or consumption of any alcoholic beverage immediately before,
during, or immediately after play of any CVSC game or function is expressly prohibited.
Disciplinary action will be taken by CVSC.
7. Smoking at a team practice or game is expressly prohibited.
8. Dogs, even on leash, are prohibited at CVSC game sites. Dogs supporting disabled
persons are accepted.
9. If the scheduled referee does not arrive within five minutes after the scheduled start of the
game, the home team shall, with the concurrence of the visiting team, appoint a referee.
10. Submission of information to newspapers is encouraged for all teams U-12 and older and
all competitive teams. Coaches are responsible to see that the information is correct and
shall follow these guidelines:
(a) Information and articles will focus on positive aspects of the game.
(b) Information provided will only deal with your own team.
(d) Due to the non-competitive nature of our younger divisions, it is not appropriate for
Division 4 U5, U8 and U10 teams to submit articles, information, or pictures for
publication in local newspapers.